What is special about the EUROLTA Certificate?
The Certificate was developed and initially offered by a consortium of leading adult education institutions in Europe in order to meet their need for a training and qualification system that:
- provides a system for validating the professionalism of teachers of languages to adults
- provides a recognised pathway of professional development for people wishing to become teachers
- is open to teachers of ALL languages (EUROLTA courses are usually run with heterogeneous groups of teachers although it’s possible to find courses that are language-specific)
- providesd a guarantee of quality through international auditing and recognition
- reflectsd the latest findings in relation to both content and methodology (in particular the behavioural model for describing communicative competence found in the CEFR and a learner-centred methodology based on reflection on one’s own practice)